Math. It's like a cuss word on the tip of my tongue. Nasty, crawling across my teeth and lips like a crummy furry germ. It is not that I do not like math. Math does not like me. Plain and simple fact: I am a dummy when it comes to numbers. There is nothing like a nice math problem to make my whole day hell. And not only that, it's everywhere! No wonder I can't keep my checkbook up to date or right: Math is out to get me, to ruin my life. I can feel it in my bones. All those numbers, jumbled together. Compounded problems: times this, add that, subtract negative 38 then add it up and divide it to get an average of something or other. I shudder at the mere mention of math, numbers, and especially long division. AND DON'T even mention geometry, trigonometry or calculus to me. It's all WAY over my head.People say math is simple. To me, math might as well be a foreign language from a nonexistent land. Like on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when he goes to Loompa Land. Yes. That is exactly it. Like an Oompa Loompa.
Intergers, long division, multiplication, addition, subtraction, and whatever else is involved with math is not fully understandable to me. I just can't GET IT. I don't know why. I just don't. I guess I'm more book smart and less strategically smart. Who knows...why dont' we take a poll and then average out the percentage of what you all think? HAHAHA Like I'm going to do that!
And then to make matters worse...not only does mathematics involve NUMBERS...but then you get to add in LETTERS! AS IF!!!! Listen, I'm great with putting letters into words, but for goodness sake, DON'T make me look at letters integrated into a Mathematical Equation! ARGHHHHH!
Oh and then let's add SHAPES to the whole thing!
I think I'll stop here. I'm starting to freak out...REALLY.

No comments:
Post a Comment